Trinket Box

Friday 8 November 2013

Nails - Tartan

 photo IMG_3220.jpg
 photo IMG_3223.jpg

I've been wanting to try out a tartan nail design ever since Autumn hit. I attempted it a few weeks ago and it went terribly wrong, however this time I decided to make it a bit less complicated! Just simple stripes. I think it's quite effective. I messed up my right hand completely, so had to start again - these nails took me a good couple of hours in the end! Not the type of nail art you should do if you're impatient with nails drying...

I used barry m Blood Orange for the base coat, and used L.A. Colors French White and Models Own Lemon Meringue and nail art pen for the stripes/black squares. What do you think?

I've got today off, as well as Monday - so a four day weekend for me, yay! I'm starting it off with some Auntie-Nephew time with Ethan this afternoon :) Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. These are just so so lovely! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and on trend, tartan is everywhere at the moment :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic going on the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh what a fabulous idea, they look great!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete