Trinket Box

Friday 1 November 2013

DIY Gold Edged Agate Coaster

 photo IMG_3162-2.jpg
You will need:
A large slice of Agate - I found mine on ebay
Liquid Leaf
A thin paintbrush

 photo IMG_3050.jpg
 photo IMG_3060.jpg
 photo IMG_3059.jpg

The photos speak for themselves. Dip your paintbrush into the gorgeous metallic paint, and carefully apply it around the edge of the Agate. If you like, you can use tape to cover the top, but I was just very careful. Wait an hour before applying a second coat.

This looks pretty on my bedside table, alongside my gold leaf bowl (DIY HERE).

 photo IMG_3158-2.jpg

This makes for a lovely DIY for one, but you could buy a set of Agate coasters and pretty-fy them up for someone as a gift. Great handmade Christmas idea!?

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have to try this out for myself. Which Ebay seller did you use? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was just a random listing from a seller - however, if you type in large agate slice or agate coaster you should find some :) x

      Delete
  2. this is gorgeous! looks so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Definintely a win for a christmas present

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a lovely idea and the final result is beautiful! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! The gold leaf really neatens the edges up and makes them look so expensive! :)

    www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I LOVE this idea! :)
    I had agate coasters on my wishlist anyways, but I'm definitely going to do this to them!

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete