Trinket Box

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas baking - peppermint bark

I've been pinning some Christmassy baking ideas over the past month or so, peppermint bark being one of them. I'd never tried it before, but I love mint hot chocolate so I figured I'd love this!

IMG_3200

The recipe I used was this one. All you need is some white chocolate [I used Green & Black's], candy canes, peppermint flavouring and a pan of water.

You start by lining a tray with baking paper.

Take your candy canes and put them in a sandwich bag. Crush the canes using a rolling pin.

Break the chocolate up and place it in a glass bowl. Put your pan of water onto the hob, placing the bowl of chocolate on top, and heat gently to melt the chocolate.

Add 3/4 of the crushed candy canes and a teaspoon of peppermint flavouring. Stir well and then transfer onto your tray and flatten. Sprinkle the remaining candy cane all over your minty chocolatey goodness!

Pop it in the fridge for about an hour to set, then break into pieces and try not to eat it all at once store in an airtight container.

IMG_3206

Next on my to-bake list are some cute cookies...have you done any festive baking yet?

7 comments:

  1. Gosh that sounds so flipping yummy! And it looks delicious too! Seems so so easy as well, might have to give it a go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so lovely :) I can't wait to start xmas baking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! These look amazing! *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah these look amazing! This is the perfect way to use up candy canes as well since I don't like eating them on their own much (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh yum, the colours are lovely, will deffo try this over Christmas!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm not a big fan of peppermint but those do look tasty : )

    ReplyDelete