Trinket Box

Thursday 30 August 2012

Craft project - wooden floral bunting.

Here's my latest craft project! I made use of the wooden bunting I got in my August Crafty Creatives box, and I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_2617

I decided to paint a design on my bunting, and went for roses - I love them, and I have a lot of floral things in my room so I figured it'd match well!

I got some acrylic paint and paintbrushes from Hobbycraft [cost me less than a tenner so not too bad!] and got to work. I hadn't really planned exactly what colour combinations I was going to do - I just went with the flow and mixed colours as I went along!

IMG_2613
IMG_2614
IMG_2615
IMG_2616
IMG_2620

I used the yellow paper string which came in my Crafty Creatives box to hang the bunting. I really like it. It might not be perfect, but that's the charm of handmade. It looks so pretty hung in my room :)

Did you get the August Crafty Creatives box? What have you made so far?

12 comments:

  1. oh they're so lovely, i love the colours you used!

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I really want one of the boxes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh they look so cute! I want some for my Uni room :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this because it's a little bit different to the normal fabric bunting but just looks as cute! (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tutorial! Fun to do :) plus it looks amazing after!

    CAT xo
    whatcatsays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing sophie! seriously, i am jealous of your crafty skills!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look so pretty, what a great DIY! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I love it, you did such a lovely job! Totally jealous of your craftiness! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks incredible! Great job xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooden bunting is such a great idea - the rose design looks really pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so pretty! I adore bunting :) x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just spent ages going through your blog (such a distraction from work!) and I love it, especially all the craft you do! You have some great ideas and the best part is anyone can do them! Keep up the great posts!
    Hannah xx
    www.hannahelleni.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete